Cancellation, Late Arrival and Missed Appointment Policy
Parkview Dental Surgery is obliged to consider the needs and value of time for all patients using this Dental Practice. Short notice appointment cancellation*, failed attendance or late arrival (of more than ten minutes) disrupts service access for other patients. We at Parkview recognise that problems crop up unexpectedly, loved ones become sick, the car will not start or the traffic was particularly heavy due to an accident. As a result we stopped charging patients for missed appointments due to cancellations, late arrival or failure to attend. However, some people are persistently late, cancel at short notice or just do not turn up for their appointments. We feel this is disrespectful to the staff and to other patients who could have been seen that day
Due to the high demand for appointments at Parkview Dental Surgery, the following Cancellation Policy applies:
- Clients arriving more than 10 minutes late for a Dentist or Hygienist appointment may be requested to reschedule their appointment.
- If a patient has difficulty in attending pre-booked appointments, we suggest that patients contact Parkview Dental Surgery at their earliest convenience. You will be offered the nearest available appointment for that day assuming availability exists or another day.
- Due to the uncertainty of offering personalised healthcare treatment, occasionally our appointments can over-run. The team at Parkview Dental Surgery recognise the value of your time and work hard to ensure your appointment is punctual. However in circumstances beyond our control, Parkview Dental Surgery may be required to cancel or reschedule appointments.
- Failing To Attend (FTA) an appointment wastes the dentist time and costs money. In addition, it prevents other patients from utilising that time. We make every effort to remind patients of their appointment at considerable cost to the practice. If a patient has a history of FTAs the practice will remove their registration.
- Although we no longer charge for short notice cancelations, late attendance or missed appointments it is the dentist’s prerogative to remove from their list anyone who has wasted surgery time by attending late, cancelling at short notice or failing to attend, or a combination of these 3 times within a 1 year period.
- Parkview Dental Surgery reserve the right to request clients who; repeatedly cancel appointments at short notice, fail to attend, arrive late or are rude/abusive to find another service provider.
*For the purpose of this policy a short notice cancellation is considered to be under 24 hours.
Last reviewed July 2017.