Cancellation, Late Arrival and Missed Appointment Policy
Failed attendance, short notice appointment cancellation*, or late arrival** disrupts service access for other patients.
We at Parkview recognise that problems crop up unexpectedly, loved ones become sick, the car will not start or the traffic was particularly heavy due to an accident. However, some people are persistently late, cancel at short notice or just do not turn up for their appointments, despite regular reminders via text and emails. We feel this is disrespectful to the staff and to other patients who could have been seen that day.
Due to the high demand for appointments at Parkview Dental Surgery, the following Cancellation Policy applies:
As effective immediately we now request a deposit, or charge for short notice cancelations, late attendance or missed appointments as set out below:
- A £10 deposit is required for new patients booking their 1st appointment at Parkview Dental surgery.
- If this appointment is not kept, the deposit is non refundable.
- A second fail for a new patient exam - no further appointments will be offered.
- No deposit will be required for an examination appointment and 3 monthly hygiene recalls unless you cancel at short notice or fail to attend your appointment (see below)
FAILURE TO ATTEND
- First missed appointment - a deposit will be required for any subsequent appointments (£1 per minute), which is deducted from the final bill if the subsequent appointment(s) is/are kept.
- Second Missed appointment – a fine equalling £1 for each minute of the planned appointment (20 minute appointment = £20 fine).
- Third Missed appointment - Dentist’s discretion to remove the individual from their list or charge a fine.
SHORT NOTICE CANCELLATION/ LATE ARRIVAL
- First short notice cancellation or late arrival - we will take no action
- Second short notice cancellation or late arrival - a deposit will be required for subsequent appointments (as above).
- Third short notice cancellation or late arrival - a fine equalling £1 for each minute of the planned appointment (20 minute appointment = £20 fine) will be required.
- Fourth and subsequent short notice cancellation or late arrival – Dentist’s discretion to remove the individual from their list
Patients arriving more than 10 minutes late for a Dentist or Hygienist appointment may be requested to reschedule their appointment as it would be difficult to fit their appointment in without running late for other patients
If a patient has difficulty in attending pre-booked appointments, we suggest that patients contact Parkview Dental Surgery at their earliest convenience. We will try to offer you the nearest available appointment for that day assuming availability exists or another day. Cancelling at short notice makes it very difficult to offer your appointment to another patient.
Failing To Attend (FTA) an appointment wastes the dentist’s time and costs money. In addition, it prevents other patients from utilising that time. We make every effort to remind patients of their appointment at considerable cost to the practice. If a patient has a history of FTAs the practice will remove their registration.
It is the dentist’s prerogative to remove from their list anyone who has wasted surgery time by attending late, cancelling at short notice or failing to attend, or a combination of these 3 times within a 1 year period.
Parkview Dental Surgery reserve the right to request clients who repeatedly cancel appointments at short notice, fail to attend, arrive late or are rude/abusive to find another service provider.
Clients are under no obligation to pay a deposit or a fine however, no further appointments will be given until the fine or deposit is paid.
Due to the uncertainty of offering personalised healthcare treatment, occasionally our appointments can over-run. The team at Parkview Dental Surgery recognise the value of your time and work hard to ensure your appointment is punctual. However in circumstances beyond our control, Parkview Dental Surgery may be required to cancel or reschedule appointments.
*For the purpose of this policy a short notice cancellation is considered to be less than 24 hours from your appointment. .
**Late arrival is ten minutes or half of the appointment slot (whatever is shorter e.g. 5 minutes late for a 10 minute exam appointment is a late arrival).
Last reviewed July 2017.